Saturday 23 December 2017

Tokyo (again)

So, another thrilling day in Japan!
This was exhausting...
So, Tsumu and I headed off to Tokyo with her friend Miyu, and went to the Pokemon centre, Jworld and Animate.
Once again, I'm writing this at 11:10, so have some photos.
We found this just after we got off the train, on the way to the shopping centre. It was just too cute to leave out!

So, instead of just giving a list of all the places where people can't smoke, like shopping centres, near schools, restaurants, etc, there are these things which are the only places that you can smoke. Pretty smart, I think.

All the mirrors in the hallway to the "Sunshine city" (which is ironically underground) were decorated like this. Some had a lot more on them though, but this was the only picture I took. I didn't want to slow down the other two too much. 

Yup.Japan has a Pokemon centre. I swear, I really wish that someone would open a vet clinic and call it a Pokemon centre. But you know, that won't be allowed... Be cool though, wouldn't it?

I like it when people take the time to paint the walls around the escalators. 



By the time we got down to this, the water had turned off. And it's blocked off anyway, so... 
but it's a pretty sweet stage though, isn't it?

Now for the inside of the Pokemon centre. Oh boy...


So much Pikachu! Why?

It's actually kinda cute though. I wanted to buy a few of these bags and wallets here, but I didn't have the money.




This is Miyu. She's great!

This is so cute! I love them so much! They had an eevee dressed up as almost every eeveelution. Not all, but most.



Finally, some Ditto love.(There's actually a lot of stuff for ditto, including the old design of the blank face from the anime on all kinds of Pokemon. It's pretty cool.)










I want this game on my switch. 

This seems like an unfair fight...

Why do people think that Pikachu is super strong and impressive? I blame the anime.


JWORLD!!!



This is an amazing room! You can tap on the face of a character on the table below, and they come up on the screen and talk. I have no idea what they said, but it's still cool.












From what I gathered, kids can ride these little scooter things along the track and between little blocks and stuff. It's cute.

I really need to get back into Haikyu.






This is a character from an anime about samurai...
He doesn't seem to fit the description of that anime somehow...


And so, we stopped for lunch. 


Mine!



And, of course, dessert...

Before Tsumu's finished...
XD

Tsumu had the creme brulee
Miyu had the cheesecake
I had the unbaked cheesecake
OISHII!!







This may as well have been my motto for the past 3 years of assignments. Maybe even the past 5 years...








Animate. 
A wonderful sign that doesn't have the name of the shop anywhere on it.


BOOKS

BOOKS

MORE BOOKS











SOO MANY BOOKS!!!!!!

As much as I think Pikachu is overrated, I have to admit that this is adorable.



So, after over an hour on the train to come home, after an exhausting day, I wanted nothing more than to curl up in bed...
NOPE!
Time for an early Christmas party!
Some of Utayo's friends came over with their kids, and we had a good time, as tired as I am. 
Some delicious food, and I met some nice people. 

The is just a platter of Zucchini with herbs and salt, and it's delicious!
After that, I made some onigiri with Utayo, and played speed with the other kids. We messed around with Snow (the app, not actual snow) and ate some cake. 


Oh boy, today...
Tokyo is so crowded sometimes...
I swear, I almost had a panic attack in Animate with all those people. But don't worry, I didn't. I calmed down. 
The thing is, Japanese people don't seem to understand the personal space that other people need. They don't round around a person, and just brush past. No one seems to mind, but just that little thing, so frequently... It's kind of unnerving. 
So calming myself down, mixed with a full day of being in introvert hanging out with Tsumu and Miyu left me exhausted... Thankfully the others noticed that my mind wasn't up to Japanese, so they spoke English for me for most of the day, and I found even that hard...
The party kind of revived me, because I didn't need to talk much, and we just messed around and played Speed. But I really need a good sleep...
So, to wrap it up, this was an amazing day, and I had a lot of fun! It was a bit long, and there are WAY too many people in Tokyo for my comfort...
In other words, a great day that had left me ready for bed.
It's officially Sunday by 1 minute.
GOOD NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment