Saturday 9 December 2017

Concert

Well, another wonderful few days. No sarcasm this time 😀
The last day of classes was pretty chill for me, since I have no exams. Yesterday, today and Monday are days off for me, due to said exams. Yesterday was a relaxing day at home, reading and listening to music while Utayo was at work. When she came home I made some scones!
They aren't quite the way I intended, because I think I ended up kneading the dough when I tried coating it in flour to stop it from being to sticky. Utayo thinks that Australian and Japanese flours might be different, which would explain the different texture, but I don't know for certain.
Everyone said that they love the scones, and I can't wait to cook more snacks for them!

Today was great! I went shopping with Utayo in the morning, returning some rented DVD's and borrowing out some of the manga and anime of The Seven Deadly Sins, which Tsumu and Masahiro are now hooked on! I found a cd I wanted, but it was only for rent, so Utayo bought it online for me and I paid her back the 3,000¥.
We grabbed some lunch from the convenience store and I had a really nice seaweed and bean rice ball, and Sparkling Nectar. It's like a soft drink, made out of peach nectar, but not as bubbly. It's really nice!
We then went to a concert of Beethoven's 9th, and it was amazing! I know it's possible and it's been done before, but I found it so weird to hear Beethoven sung!
Speaking of singing, while we were out shopping in Aeon shopping centre, we found a spot where people were rehearsing for an accapella show this afternoon! It was on at the same time as The concert, so we missed the show, but the rehearsals were great! I loved listening to them. One group even sang a part of the song from Your Name! (and yes, I know the Japanese titles, but my phone doesn't have Japanese text, so have the English ☺)
Tomorrow Tsumu will be studying, but they suggested that I go down to the den to help out with the scouts. It sounds like fun, even though I'm not sure how useful I'll be. I've got my ASM, but it's not much use if I can't explain what I know...
But I'll give it a shot anyway!
Monday I'm planning on heading down to Tokyo to meet up with my friend Kako. Utayo can't drive me though, and Im not comfortable riding the train alone, since all names are in kanji, and I would probably miss my stop. So if I do go, I'll have to wait for Tsumu to finish school and come.
Well, it's 11:13 here, and I'm pretty sure my minds still on Australian time, so I should get to sleep.
Good night world!

1 comment:

  1. you are really getting around. Good luck to Tsumu for her exams. Please give Kako a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete