Wednesday 27 December 2017

Christmas! (and school)

Yeah, OK, I'm a few days late, but nothing really happened on Christmas, that made me feel like I just NEEDED to post. The exciting things were in the last posts.
So, Monday morning I didn't have to go to school. So, naturally, I stayed in bed until about 8:30 ish, talking to my family on a Discord video chat. Then, I got up for breakfast, and found Uta's present for me!
I gave them my Christmas presents on Christmas Eve, since I planned to call my family and knew that Masahiro leaves early in the mornings (He also dropped Tsumu off at school, so when I got up they were both gone), but People in Japan, just like Australia, give gifts in the morning. Utayo left a bag outside my door, with a letter "from Santa".
She got me the first 10 books of the 7 Deadly Sins manga! I still haven't opened them though... I should probably do that... But I know that they're in Japanese since the blurb is.
Anyway, after breakfast (and thanking Uta) I went back to talking to my family.
And... That's about it.
I went for a bit of a walk around the area, just listening to good old Sandcastle Kingdoms (Nathan Sharp) and may or may not have gotten a little bit... lost...
But anyway, it was nice. I finally got a few pictures of things, so check it out!
I love these cranes! I think this is a kosagi, but the pictures I've seen of them are white, and this one's grey... Maybe they get darker in winter or something. 


A nice little vegetable garden. There's a few of these around, separate from the actual crop fields, like below.








Look real close, and you can see a heap of little birds. No idea what they are, but they're pretty much everywhere here.





Yeah, to all you people that don't like crows, here's an entire FLOCK of them! There's so many! 


Anyway, that was Christmas, and yesterday. I like these walks.
School finally finished yesterday, so WINTER HOLIDAYS! 
Today we were going to see one of Tsumu's friends play in a band, but it turns out that it's a bit more expensive than we thought, so that's not happening anymore. 
Tomorrow we're apparently going hiking up one of the nearby hills or mountains, and I'm really looking forward to that! 
Then on Saturday and Sunday, we have the New Year's camp with the scouts. No idea what to expect.
After that, I'm not sure. We're going to a karaoke bar at some point soon too, and we're considering going to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi at some point. I've been warned by my family that it's not very good, compared to the other movies, but I'm the kind of person who likes to see things for myself, instead of trusting other people's opinions as fact. 
I'm sure they have other things planned for the remaining 10 days. 
Wow... 10 days...
17 days in total... Yikes...
It's a weird feeling right now. I'm looking forward to home, and my family, and my pets, and my friends, and my video games, and my books, and my bed, and everything! But at the same time, I've grown to love this family. I know that once I get on that plane, I'll miss them so much. 
I'll have to come back someday in the next few years to visit! And Tsumu's said that if she can get the money, she'll fly down to visit us. 
So, that's it right now. 
Since its now 10:32, I should probably have some breakfast... And see who's home... 
Yeah, I just woke up an hour or so ago and started on this. 
BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment