Sunday 3 December 2017

first weekend

Well, it's officially been a week since I landed in Japan, and I still have yet to start feeling homesick. I'm expecting that as my mind's Christmas present to me. That week is, normally, the closest one with my family. But, anyway, you're not here to read about me expecting to be homesick in 3 or 4 weeks or however long it takes. You want to hear about what I've done!
Well, first off, I'm not sick anymore! (well, my nose is running, which makes Utayo worried, but that's normal in the cold)
Next, I've been doing some cooking. I never thought that Japan and Australia could be THIS different. Just like Matsu with the idea of leaving school in the sports uniform, Utayo seems to never have heard of the idea of boiling apples the way I did for dessert tonight when I made the apple cake.

I also make a quiche last night for dinner. I wasn't too sure how it would turn out since I used a combination of a weird cheddar cheese and cream cheese instead of feta or ricotta. But, I think it turned out rather well, It was pleasantly sweet, but not too much. Utayo, Tsumu and Masahiro certainly liked it!
I went shopping with Utayo yesterday, while Tsumu had an all-day exam. I bought a Christmas present for one of my family members, but I won't say who ;)
Just to sum it up, since I want to get to bed, here are some pictures. Enjoy!





Yes, that is a baymax pillow, with speakers built into it. Not sure how practical it is, or how good it is for hearing, but it's a cool idea.





2018 is the year of the dog

I feel so sorry for the cat...



Never thought that Santa was a big thing here. 

This was delicious! Utayo had one filled with bean paste, and I had once with apple!

It's a cartoon character. Look up about it, it's not as creepy as it looks. ;)

Today I went to venturers finally! But before it, Tsumu had her marathon at school. Yeah, at Harristown, they had the decency to put these events on school days. But NOPE! Here, the students need to take time out of their ONE day off school and go down to run a 3 to 10km marathon, depending on your age, at 7:00. Why???????
And, it's mandatory! If you try to skip it, you have to run your distance around the school oval apparently. Thankfully, I didn't have to. I stayed back and helped sort papers as the runners came back in.
But when I finally got to scouts, it was NOT what I expected! First of all, I didn't even see a den, so... So much for the PowerPoint! I just did an introduction in Japanese. It was kind of awkward. Thankfully one cub scouts broke the ice by asking a wonderful question. "Why do you live in Australia?"
Oh, that child is precious...
Anyway, the place they meet is AMAZING! Just like shopping, I'll bombard your eyes with photos!
This picture does not do this scene justice! Those leaves were glowing like gold in the sunlight! It looked like I just stepped into a painting!


That grass is over my head! So glad that I didn't go anywhere in it. But there are public hiking trails through it. Can't wait for that!

I was met with a warm welcome! ;)

Roast sweet potato. Wrapped in wet newspaper and foil, and thrown into the fire and buried in burning leaves. It's delicious!
But seriously, WHY IS IT YELLOW?



YES, I took pictures of bugs!
Get over it!
XD

I don't know why, but this tree looks so weird. Maybe because it has no bark or anything, and it's just so big! You don't see many trees like it in Toowoomba.

Yep. That's it. That's the meeting place for the scouts. no den in sight. 
THIS IS AMAZING!





Those grasshoppers are massive. Enough said!

So, I think it's pretty clear that I'm having a wonderful time here!
Helps that I'm now home alone while Tsumu and Utayo are at (get this) government supplied English lessons! And free, as far as I know!
Ok, no, being alone isn't the good thing. I'm listening to a mix of Celtic Women on Youtube, in speakers. This is so nice...
I've been listening to music in my room occasionally while Tsumu studies and Utayo is busy, or seems to need some relaxation time, but it's nice to have it in speakers. At home, whenever I'm alone, I plug it into the TV and listen to it all around the house! It's not that loud, because Masahiro's mother isn't far away, in the next house on this lot, but it's just as nice. 

So, I think that's about it for now! I hope that you can all enjoy these pictures, and rest assured that I am entirely safe and happy *cough* you can stop asking *cough*
:)


(Also, that thing I mention about Micky and the bruise was supposed to be a joke. I'm not mad about it or anything. In fact, I kinda like it. It feels like a battle scar! XD Don't take any of these things seriously. All my friends know that pretty much everything I say, especially negative things, is either a joke or sarcastic. Rarely sincere.)


Off to bed with me! I've got a busy week ahead of me!
By the end of this term, I will either be fit, or dead. And for both options, blame me. 
Love you all, friends and family! 
XD

No comments:

Post a Comment