Wednesday 3 January 2018

Karaoke

To future travellers to Japan. If you ever get an opportunity to go to a karaoke bar, DO NOT let it pass.
I went with Tsumu and Miyu to a karaoke bar today, and it was AMAZING!
At first, I wasn't in the mood for it. I expected a big, busy building with people passing outside the door of our room almost constantly. I wasn't in the mood for lines, crowds, or strangers in general.
But this day was a lot better than I expected!
First off, there were no lines or crowds. No one passed our door the whole time we were there, because of the building's layout. You had no reason to pass most of the doors, and there were 2 doors with fogged glass to get into each room anyway, so it was pretty soundproof and hidden.


Plus, I already knew Miyu, so it was a lot better than if I'd met another of Tsumu's friends.
It was a heap of fun in our little room! Tsumu got me to sing Japanese songs, like Let it Go in Japanese, and couple of Vocaloid songs. 
I wish I could upload some of the recordings of our absolutely beautiful and angelic *cough* singing, but the files are too big. Apparently, it needs to be less than 100 MB... 😫
Anyway, I'll keep this update short, because we need to catch a train to Disney Sea at 6:00AM, and I need to pack. We'll be staying in Tokyo overnight and going to Disney Land on Friday.
FUN!
And then school, and work with the scouts, and the ceremony in my kimono, then school, and skiing... then packing and a 9-hour flight home...
It's amazing how at home I feel here now. I've stopped thinking "I'm going home next week" and instead just think "I'm leaving next week." It may sound similar, but it's a big difference. 
These people have become my family, and I'm going to miss them almost as much as I miss my real family. I've grown to appreciate their quirks, like Tsumu always trying to overthink plans and make schedules that just stress her out, or Masahiro making jokes that I think (judging my Tsumu's reactions) are like dad jokes, but sadly the punchline tends to get lost in translation. 😁 Or even Utayo's tendency to over-worry about everything, especially Tsumu's and my health. If I sneeze just once, she's darting around to turn on the heater and get me some tea, and I have to keep telling her that it's just dust and pollens in the air and that I'm fine.





Just one last note, I want to make it clear to all future SISEP participants that, just because I never used my powerpoint presentation, doesn't mean that you won't. There are good reasons for me not using mine. At school, they were close to exams and couldn't spare the time for me to do a full presentation, and my scout group doesn't have a den. Not to mention they aren't having weekly meetings, because of exams, New years, and other special days at this time of the year. 
Other schools and scout groups will have different schedules, so be prepared to use it. Make sure it's done BEFORE you get on the plane. I remember that unneeded stress at the hotel that first night when I remembered that I hadn't finished it. 
It wasn't fun.
So, just take my advice. Follow the scout motto. 
Be Prepared.


And with that, I bid thee goodnight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment