Sunday 26 November 2017

First day out of Australia

Well wasn't that a fun day.
The plane trip was pretty good, once I got used to the small space.
I didn't sleep though. I was too busy trying to take photos of Papua New Guinea, the coral reefs and islands.

I'm surprised that I didn't spend more time reading. I only got half way through Fire and Hemlock, and didn't have time to start Warriors: Dawn...which is odd, since it was a 9 hour flight and I a LOVE Diana Wayne Jones, and Erin Hunter. 
You know how people say the clouds from above look like you could land on them? I agree. Clouds over the ocean are amazing, and I wanted to jump onto them.
A tip of advice to future travellers, DON'T wear boots with metal rings around the laces. I got pulled up at customs for them.
But anyway, the first sight of Japan was great. It looks like Toowoomba coming down from Highfields at night, but the lights just keep going!

The train trips after were cool. I almost fell asleep on one because of how smooth and quiet it was compared to the ones I catch whenever I go to Brisbane. 
Alya and I had fun trying to guess what the posters and signs in the trains were saying. Neither of us are any good at kanji. 
We finally got the hotel, and I was, and still am, sure that I over packed the warm clothes. 
My first thought coming out of the station was how much this part of Tokyo looks like the Gold Coast! I mean, there are fewer cars, and no smell of salt, but the architecture and designs of some of these buildings is so similar to what I saw on Kirra beach last week. 
We went out for dinner at a restaurant that looked a lot like a pub, but on the way we stopped off at a vending machine shop. Alya got a cute little pop-top bottle of coke and got a peach flavoured drink that I don't even know the name of! I can't tell what part is the brand, and what part is the drink name...
Anyway, the room was weird too. I was expecting an apartment, but each door leads to a single room. 
Well, there's a bathroom, but you get the idea. It was kind of cosy. 
Also, really warm...
I ended up with the aircon on for a while and slept with just a sheet, instead of the duvet. Surprisingly hot...
And now, for breakfast. 
Looking forward to seeing Tsumu again tonight, and meeting her parents. 
This is it for now! And to all my friends and family, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment